Overcoming 4 common digital preservation challenges with Preservica Starter
Working with limited resources
Gaining consistent buy-in
Future-proofing your records and files
Starting a digital archive with a budget
How did Joan Curbow, librarian and archivist from a small university archive in Iowa, convince her stakeholders to invest in Preservica Starter?
Joan’s main challenges were a lack of time and budget, resource restrictions and not having the right tools. With Preservica Starter, Joan was able to get buy-in from her stakeholders and elevate the value of the archive within a couple of months. Here are Joan's top tips:
Find allies and ignite their imagination
- Use the access portal to capture stakeholders’ imagination
- Create collections that tell a story
- Help them understand the need for digital preservation
Talk to the IT Department in their language
- Use the right language to change the conversation, so you can explain what you need and why you need it
- The visual helps convince the IT department that Preservica has so much more to offer than Sharepoint
Continue to build
- Continue to build interest and support
- Keep saying yes to opportunities to share the story
- Keep elevating the value of the archives and highlight that you are not just about analog content
Timeline – engaging with Starter and getting buy-in
Share your story with us!
Have a success story to share? Contact us with your pitch, and we may feature your story on the website.